ecomplete and company (was: emacs-26 0643952: Add documentation to ecomp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: ecomplete and company (was: emacs-26 0643952: Add documentation to ecomplete.el)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:20:16 -0500

BTW, talking about ecomplete, I installed a change into `master` which
adds an message-ecomplete-capf function for use on
completion-at-point-function.

I haven't (yet) added it to completion-at-point-function, but if you do,
you get TAB completion using the ecompleterc data, as well as
company-mode support for it.  There's a small problem with this, tho:
if you use company-mode and have added `ecomplete` to
message-mail-alias-type, you get both at the same time, and that doesn't
work very well in my experience.  Not sure yet how best to deal with it.

        Stefan