Re: A patch for `pwd' - copying the current directory to the kill ring

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: A patch for `pwd' - copying the current directory to the kill ring
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 09:40:31 -0500

>> > Except making it work with M-x (the above will grab the "output" of the
>> > M-x itself (i.e. no output), rather than the output of the command Emacs
>> > runs after running the commands bound to M-x, p, w, d, and RET).
>> The version below seems to work (tested with M-: and M-x)
> It won't work for me without some documentation.

Not sure I understand what you mean:
Are you saying you'd be happy to see this code in simple.el but under
condition that I add something in the Texinfo manual about it?

Or do you mean that you need some explanation about what it does in
order for you to make it work to see for yourself?

Or do you want a more extensive docstring?

So far the code I sent was meant as a "proof of concept" mostly.

        Stefan