Re: Looking for a few expert proof-readers for the Emacs 26 Manual

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Looking for a few expert proof-readers for the Emacs 26 Manual
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 16:45:21 +0000

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:34 AM John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:
We also have 15 parts still with no proof-readers at all. If you have friends
who might be interested in helping out, please let them know to send a message
to address@hidden!

Hi John,

I'd like to take up one section to begin with.

Can you list the Info node names (the ones that are visible in the Info buffer).

The pending sections look like (see attached image 1):

image.png

If I focus on "Commands for", is it this section with the 4 nodes in the manual (see attached image 2):

image.png

If so, I can take that up.

Also, sorry if I missed out earlier on how those Ch/Pt numbers were derived.. right now they don't make sense to me.

For example, in your email, Ch 14 is "Keyboard Mac", but in the Info manual, I see Display as the 14th ch (see attached image 3):

image.png

In summary, it will be great if a list of Info nodes (that one can access using C-h i g) is available that still needs proof-readers.

Thanks.
--

Kaushal Modi