Re: Failure building Emacs on WSL

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Failure building Emacs on WSL
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 17:46:30 +0100 (CET)

> Il 1 febbraio 2018 alle 17.29 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:38:11 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> >
> >   configure: error: You do not seem to have makeinfo >= 4.13, and your
> >   source tree does not seem to have pre-built manuals in the 'info'
> > directory.
> >   Either install a suitable version of makeinfo, or re-run configure
> >   with the '--without-makeinfo' option to build without the manuals.
> >   GNUmakefile:72: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "Makefile" non riuscito
> >   make: *** [Makefile] Errore 1
> >
> > This didn't happened less than a month ago.. What changed?
>
> Well, do you have makeinfo >= 4.13?  If not, then the build process
> now identifies this problem correctly where it previously failed to do
> so.

I don't have it but the build I did a month ago has the info/*.info files so is
a mystery what created them a month ago... unless some WSL update (apt update,
upgrade etc. ) has removed it... :(

I don't want to install the texinfo package which would install a bunch of
texlive packages (I already have TeXLive installed from its site...)

In any case, thanks for clarification.

 Angelo