quail input methods and conversion functions

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: quail input methods and conversion functions
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 22:58:40 +0100

Hello

In ancient pre Mule times, there was iso-unacentuate which for example would translatex ä to "a

Does something like this exist for all, or some quail input methods?

For example take greek-ibycus4 then
a) gives ἀ

So the function I am looking for would
a) <--> ἀ

I think I know how to do that for this particular input method, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. So any pointer would be wellcome.

Uwe Brauer