Re: A patch for `pwd' - copying the current directory to the kill ring

From: Richard Copley
Subject: Re: A patch for `pwd' - copying the current directory to the kill ring
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 23:59:17 +0000

On 2 February 2018 at 08:51, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 20:59:18 -0500
>>
>> > Could you give more examples of commands that would benefit from that?
>>
>> Several commands use C-u for similar purposes
>> (e.g. describe-key-briefly and eval-expression come to mind).
>
> Not to forget M-! and M-|.

Of course. And M-| uses C-u for a completely separate (and
actually useful!) purpose. M-! is one thing for which Stefan's
copy-next-command-output makes perfect sense. Any other example?

You can all keep ignoring the fact that it doesn't work for the
provoking example if you like. My ego isn't delicate and I don't
require any acknowledgement. I care more about the actual
project we're involved in.