Re: emacs-26 d2d5e54: Mention remote file name completion in Emacs manua

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-26 d2d5e54: Mention remote file name completion in Emacs manual
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 19:18:33 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 09:45:14 +0100
>
> > +  When completing remote file names (@pxref{Remote Files}), a double
> > +slash behaves slightly differently: it causes Emacs to ignore only the
> > +file-name part, leaving the rest (method, host and username, etc.)
> > +intact.  Typing three slashes in a row ignores everything in remote
> > +file names.  @xref{File name completion,,, tramp, The Tramp Manual}.
>
> There is one exception: If you type two slashes at the top of the local
> part of a remote file name, it behaves like for local file names. That
> means, "/ssh:host:// TAB" completes to "/".

The node to which I pointed in the Tramp manual is quite large, and
mentions many other useful aspects of the issue.  I hoped that the
cross-reference will be enough to send people there, instead of
repeating everything in the Emacs manual.  Are you saying that the nit
about two slashes at the beginning of the file name is so important
that it must be in the Emacs manual?