[ELPA] New package: stopwatch

From: Andres Sarnari
Subject: [ELPA] New package: stopwatch
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 17:23:34 +1100

Hi all,

I'd like to add a new package to the ELPA repository: stopwatch. I'm hosting the code on github: https://github.com/asnr/stopwatch/.

It's a stopwatch, in Emacs. A picture is worth a thousand words: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/asnr/stopwatch/master/demo.gif.

I've tried to follow the submission instructions in http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/plain/README and in the Emacs documentation, my apologies if I missed anything.

One thing that I would like some guidance on is handling the licence/copyright. I've read in a couple of third-party sites that I need to assign copyright to the FSF, and there's a vague mention of it in the contributing docs as well. Is this necessary? What does this involve? Also, what kind of licence can I use? My preference is GNU GPLv3, is this acceptable? Is it sufficient to add a LICENSE file at the root of the project, or do I need to include the licence as comments in some/all of the elisp files?

Finally, the submission instructions ask that I put the patch in an email. Are there other ways I can provide the code?

Cheers,
Andres.