RE: emacs 26 manual

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: emacs 26 manual
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:15:17 -0800 (PST)

> In section 24.8
>
> "A list entry in load-path can also have the special
> value nil, which stands for the current default directory,
> but it is almost always a bad idea to use this."

FWIW, "a list entry in `load-path'" sounds to me like it
could easily be misinterpreted as a _list-valued_ entry
in the list `load-path'.  (Of course, nil is a list value.)

I think it would be clearer to just talk about "an element
of `load-path'" having the value nil.

I think that's a more typical way of talking about an
element of a list: call it an element of the list, not
a list entry in the list.