lsp-mode in GNU ELPA?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: lsp-mode in GNU ELPA?
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 11:01:03 -0500

Hi,

I think lsp-mode is the kind of functionality that should come part of
the base infrastructure supported by Emacs.

Would you be interested in trying to include it into GNU ELPA (with
a longer-term goal of bundling it with Emacs)?

I see you've already signed the necessary paperwork, but I also see that
the project has many other contributors, so the main part of getting
lsp-mode into GNU ELPA will be to collect paperwork for it.  Of course,
I can help with that work.

More generally, I'd also be interested about your experience with
lsp-mode, especially in terms of what changes in Emacs could help.

        Stefan