Re: [Patch] Enable byte-compile-error-on-wran for error-free files in li

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: [Patch] Enable byte-compile-error-on-wran for error-free files in lisp/
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:26:46 -0500

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Robert Cochran
<address@hidden> wrote:

> This patch is rather large - the email patch form is 600k. The reason
> for this is that I've touched quite a number of files - over 1,000
> according to the Gitlab interface.

If you instead set byte-compile-error-on-warn to t by default (e.g.,
on the command line) and just set it to nil in files which trigger a
warning, would the patch be bigger or larger?

By the way, I think it would be better to set it in the local
variables list at the end of the file, rather than in the first line.
For lexical-binding it's required to put it there for technical
reasons, but I think those don't apply to byte-compile-error-on-warn,
and that first line can get a bit crowded.