Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 20:08:59 +0100

> (6) Have tooltip frames be "transient for" some other frame (or maybe
>      even for some other *window*), so we can redirect the messages (and
>      the read-from-minibuffer, and ...) to that other frame.

This is either

(3) Give tooltip frames a minibuffer window of some other frame (with
    the usual consequences when trying to delete that frame).

or

(4) Try to find a frame with a minibuffer and put the message there
    (it might be tricky to find the most suited minibuffer here).

The obvious candidate here is the minibuffer window of tip_last_frame
(making sure the tooltip frame gets deleted when tip_last_frame is
deleted).

The changes required to implement that are just as substantial as
those for not showing messages.

martin