Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 22:02:25 -0500

> The obvious candidate here is the minibuffer window of tip_last_frame
> (making sure the tooltip frame gets deleted when tip_last_frame is
> deleted).

I was rather thinking of the selected-window at the time the tooltip
frame is created (plus some way to re-set the "transient-for" field so
the same tooltip-frame can be reused?).

> The changes required to implement that are just as substantial as
> those for not showing messages.

First we need to decide what's The Right Thing, and I think that keeping
track of the "parent" frame/window is the right thing.

Once we agree on this, we can think about how best to
implement/approximate it.

        Stefan