SIGABRT in `stream-of-directory-files'

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: SIGABRT in `stream-of-directory-files'
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 13:09:06 +0100

Hello,

sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

When I traverse a stream created with `stream-of-directory-files', and
that stream recursively traverses a huge directory hierarchy, like in

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(seq-doseq (_file (stream-of-directory-files
                   "/home/micha" t nil t nil
                   (lambda (file) (and (file-readable-p file) (file-regular-p
file)))))
  nil)
#+end_src

emacs crashes with SIGABRT (after quite some time).

Is it possible that doing something like this hits some internal limit?
My half-baked trials to debug with gdb were not very enlightening:

| (gdb) run
| Starting program: /home/micha/software/emacs/src/emacs
| During startup program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
| (gdb) xbacktrace
| You can't do that without a process to debug.
| (gdb) bt
| No stack.

Hints appreciated.

Thanks,