Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:10:39 +0000

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

> On 02/21/2018 02:04 PM, Phillip Lord wrote:
>> Anyway, at the moment, I can't get it to work. Calling this:
>>
>> (dump-emacs-portable "~/scratch/test.pdmp")
>>
>> after loading my .emacs works (early versions crashed, so something's
>> been fixed there). However, trying to use this:
>>
>> ./src/emacs -q --dump-file ~/scratch/test.pdmp
>> emacs: could not load dump file "/home/phillord/scratch/test.pdmp": not a
>> dump file
>
> I'm able to re-dump now. Can you try it again?

Dumping from ./src/emacs -q

gives me this in *Messages* after the dump (although the call to
dump-emacs-portable returns without error).

eval: unsupported object type in dump: SAVE_POINTER

and this on trying to reload with

./src/emacs -q --dump-file ~/scratch/test.pdmp

Gives:

dump file is result of failed dump attempt

on the command line. On an emacs started with

./src/emacs

and running the various stuff in my .emacs, I get this:

eval: unsupported object type in dump: window configuration

Likewise, cannot restart with --dump-file. This is running on Ubuntu
16.04.3, 64 bit.

Phil