Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:52:46 -0800

On 02/26/2018 07:29 AM, andrés ramírez wrote:
The fixes to wait_reading_process_ouput have definitely made a
difference.  I used to see hangs several times a day, but after the fix,
I'm only seeing the hangs once every few days, and it's impossible to
set up a repeatable test case for them.  So my guess is that there might
still be a problem in this area, but that the window for triggering it
is much smaller.

Right. I was thinking the last some days about backporting this change
by myself even to emacs-23 which I still use on an embedded platform (my
phone).

Why wouldn't the phone run a newer Emacs?