Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:10:09 -0600

Hi.
> Ok, that's reason to be cautiously optimistic so far. Let's wait a few
> more days and see if you really see no more hangs. If you report back
> that the hangs are gone, I will have some explaining to do on what is
> going on behind the scenes, so we can dig deeper and discuss how to fix
> it.
On my case yesterday I see more than one hang. I am going to do a log.

> In the meantime, Andrés sent me a mail off the list, telling me that he
> is actually seeing an increase in hangs with this patch which is rather
> surprising, to be honest.

I think Lars is testing with gnus. I am testing with
wanderlust. wanderlust uses url-retrieve-synchronously. The weird
thing is that after quitting and restarting wanderlust I can continue
downloading news. Also I am thinking on involving the
wanderlust+ml. Perhaps with could get more tests cases.

> @Andrés: Is that correct? If yes, what Emacs version are you using? What
> are you doing when the hangs occur and can those be canceled (ctrl+g)?

Yes. that's correct.
emacs-version
GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, Xaw3d
scroll bars)
 of 2018-02-28

I have emacs running under gdb. But When in the hang ¿How should I
proceed?.

Yes the hang can be caceled with C-g.