Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 08:30:37 -0800

My NNTP hangs have mostly disappeared. url-retrieve-synchronously has
had numerous bugs over the years and may be unrelated. One thing I have
found over time is that killing hanging web connections gets
url-retrieve back to life -- I even have this function in my setup:

(defun emacspeak-wizards-web-clean-up-processes ()
  "Delete stale Web connections."
  (interactive)
  (cl-declare (special url-http-open-connections))
  (let ((count 0))
    (cl-loop
     for p being the hash-values of url-http-open-connections
     when p do
     (cl-incf count)
     (delete-process (car p)))
    (message "Deleted %d web  connections" count)))