Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 14:21:02 -0600

Hi Eli
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > (void-variable url-http-open-connections)
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> >
> > Even the var is defined on url-http.el
>
> I cannot reproduce this with today's master.
>
> Can you show the steps to reproduce?  I just loaded url-http in
> "emacs -Q", and then used "C-h v" to show the value of that
> variable.

 Yesterday I have not gotten the hang.
Without the hang I can not reproduce it reliably.

Today. I have not gotten the hang also, at least until now.

Btw. Today I have starting using this script (named: rnews.sh, for doing the
testing. Perhaps You guys could try it. And See If You could get the
hang.

#!/bin/sh

# simple receipt for reading news on emacs+wanderlust

# create the alternate home directory on my case (~/deleteme-emacs-home/27)
# EMACS_CCED_HOME is the path where emacs was compiled
# EMACS_CCED_HOME=/usb/bin/emacs
EMACS_TEST_DIR=~/deleteme-emacs-home/27
EMACS_CCED_HOME=~/abs/emacs-27.0.50/src
mkdir -p $EMACS_TEST_DIR
cd $EMACS_TEST_DIR
# put .wl on the alternate home directory
echo "(setq wl-from \"test.emacs <address@hidden>\") ;; just 4 avoiding some
warnings" > .wl
# put .folders on the alternate home directory
cat << 'EOF' >> .folders
#
# Folder definition file
# This file is generated automatically by Wanderlust/2.15.9 (Almost Unreal).
#
# If you edit this file by hand, be sure that comment lines
# will be washed out by wl-fldmgr.
#

news{
        gwene {
        /last:1000/address@hidden "hnews"
        }
        gmane {
        /last:2000/address@hidden "emacs-devel"
        }
}

# petname definition (access group, folder in access group)

# end of file.
EOF

# fire up emacs from the alternate home directory
# COMMENT: should be an issue after installing the package and running wl
inmediately (no restart) some errors appear
echo 'installing wanderlust. you could modify the emacs path for pointing to
the folder where emacs was compiled'
HOME=$EMACS_TEST_DIR $EMACS_CCED_HOME/emacs -Q --eval "(progn(require 'cl)
(require 'package nil 'nonil4noerror)(add-to-list 'package-archives '(\"melpa\"
. \"http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/\";) t)(package-initialize)(defvar
required-packages '(wanderlust) \"a list of packages to ensure are installed at
launch.\") (package-refresh-contents) (dolist (p required-packages) (when (not
(package-installed-p p)) (package-install p)))(kill-emacs))"
echo 'running wanderlust, answer y to every of the three questions'
HOME=$EMACS_TEST_DIR $EMACS_CCED_HOME/emacs -Q --eval  "(progn(require 'cl)
(require 'package nil 'nonil4noerror)(add-to-list 'package-archives '(\"melpa\"
. \"http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/\";) t)(package-initialize)(wl)(message
\"open the hnews or emacs-devel (the rss folders)\"))"

echo 'open the hnews or emacs-devel (the rss folders)'
echo 'do not forget to remove the deleteme-emacs-home directory'