Re:Re: Is it possible lock minibuffer's height

From: tumashu
Subject: Re:Re: Is it possible lock minibuffer's height
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 21:39:22 +0800 (CST)

At 2018-03-03 17:05:51, "martin rudalics" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have test the tips you provide, it is work.
> > But the approach my used can not do well,  for I can not get some strings
> > showed in minibuffer.
> > not all the string showed in minibuffer will go into the minibffer's buffer.
>
>You would have to tell me more about this.  Please tell me first why
>you want to show the minibuffer window on the child frame and not use
>the parent frame's minibuffer window.  Child frames may have focus
>problems depending on the platform used so maybe it's better to avoid
>showing a minibuffer on them.

I am not show minibuffer window on the child frame, I just use parent frame's
minibuffer
window and use a childframe to show the buffer-string of " *MiniBuf-1*".

>Then tell me please whether the string you want to show is (1) not
>shown in any minibuffer window, (2) not in the minibuffer window of
>the child frame, or (3) not in the child frame's minibuffer because
>you fixed its size by some means.

I want to redirect *all* the string showed in minibuffer to a child frame.

>Also does "not all the string" mean that the string gets truncated
>somewhere?  Or is the problem that the minibuffer window shows your
>string but it does not appear in the "right" minibuffer?

I want to get all the string showed in minibuffer window, but this is
not a easy job.  message can let a string showed in minibuffer window,
but this string is not inserted into  " *Minibuf-0*" or " *Minibuf-0*"