Re: Directory Servers in Tools menu

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Directory Servers in Tools menu
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 14:31:09 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Does it still make sense to include "Directory Servers" in the Tools
>> menu by default?
>
> Does anyone remember why we added it in the first place, or can point
> to the relevant discussion(s)?

The relevant change appears to be 39d632fad8, Jan 2000, which predates
the mailing list archives by several months.

(As a bbdb user, and an ldap admin, I've never used the eudc interface.
I don't think the menu entry is useful to someone unfamiliar with these
things, therefore doesn't need to be there by default.)