Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Rostislav Svoboda
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 18:32:06 +0100

> It would be a big step towards making Emacs do the job of
> a word processor, which is what I would like to see some day.
> Imagine if you could edit nicely formatted documents directly
> with Emacs, instead of using LibreOffice?  LibreOffice is
> fine to use, it is free software, but it isn't Emacs.

IMO the future of GUI apps and in our case editors, lies in browser
based frameworks programmable by some lisp dialect. For the moment it
would be a stack based on electron, clojurescript, codemirror, etc.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but let's face it - do we think,
our bellowed Emacs will ever be able to display anything like the
examples from https://threejs.org ?

Bost