Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:05:36 -0500

  > Personally, I don't think word processing is a good focus for Emacs.

I want to do my word processing in Emacs,
so please stop interfering.  You, personally, can work on other
areas if that area doesn't interest you.

The improvements you suggested for editing programs are also
desirable.  We want to improve what Emacs can do in editing programs.
One of the improvements we need is to have a GNU language server and
connect it to Emacs.  The best proposal for how to make a GNU language
server is to do it by building on GDB.

However, Emacs is also meant for editing textual documents.
To make that easier, we need more support for editing and
saving formatted documents with various fonts.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.