Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Jefferson Carpenter
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 03:16:13 -0600

On 3/7/2018 10:45 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I am really looking forward to this.  LibreOffice is free software,
and it's ethical, but it isn't Emacs.

IMO the essence of WYSIWYG makes it "not Emacs".  I'd like to be able to
usefully edit .odt documents with Emacs, but not in a WYSIWYG fashion.

         Stefan

Agreed. I like latex-preview-pane's format of "WYSIWYG" editing. You edit the code in one buffer, and see a rendered preview in another buffer. It is not critical that the preview even be an emacs buffer - it could be another application.

Jefferson