Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:17:54 +0700

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> IMO the essence of WYSIWYG makes it "not Emacs".  I'd like to be able to
> usefully edit .odt documents with Emacs, but not in a WYSIWYG fashion.

I was about to say “you sort-of can, after all, .odt is just XML in
zip”. Then I did an (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.odt\\'" .
archive-mode)) and opened the first .odt I could find, and oh
$(DEITY), it’s horrible.

After the first line of xml declaration, the rest of the document is
one single physical line.