Re: Exceptions for certain files in ELPA?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Exceptions for certain files in ELPA?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:08:41 +0200

On 3/13/18 2:56 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
1. mmm-rpm.el. It's ~20 lines, and you could consider its contents to be
"configuration" instead of a program. Nevertheless, it's all been written by
the same guy who never done copyright assignment, so it doesn't seem fair to
write "Copyright by Free Software Foundation" on top of it.

This can be counted as "trivial" enough not to require copyright
paperwork, indeed.

But copyright notices are per-file, right? I expect the build process to be confused.

2. mmm-noweb.el. It's much bigger, and reportedly still used by some
people. Unfortunately, the author has passed away 7 years ago, so no real
chance of copyright assignment.

They are not very essential (we could release one or both separately), but
have them to be exceptions would make my life simpler.

I wouldn't mind making an exception for this one.

Very good. Do I push the code as is, or do I need to wait for somebody else's blessing, too?