Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: Matthias Dahl
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 16:17:31 +0100

Hello Stefan...

On 14/03/18 23:52, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> AFAIK we're talking a bout hangs (and hangs you can interrupt with C-g
> AFAICT), not about data corruption, so the comparison is unfair.

You are absolutely right, I am sorry. But I warned you, I am not very
good when it comes to examples / metaphors or arguing. So... ;-)

> I don't fundamentally disagree: it's a balancing act.

Like with Eli, I do believe we are all generally on the same page and
just disagree on the severity of the bugs. And that's just humane to
have a difference of opinion. :)

I rest my case. Like I said in my previous mail, I don't want to waste
anyone's time nor did I want to cause a stir at all. I just have, like
everyone else here, the best intentions...

So long,
Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu