RE: Regarding smerge upper/lower; needs NEWS

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Regarding smerge upper/lower; needs NEWS
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:45:15 -0700 (PDT)

> There's no guarantee that the faces will be pink&green in all cases,
> whereas AFAIK we only support right-to-left but not bottom-to-top yet,
> so the various chunks will always be laid out correctly w.r.t
> "upper/lower".

Not following this thread, but if the windows/buffers are
labeled, as is done in Ediff ("A", "B") then there is no
ambiguity, regardless of how or where they might be
displayed.

If they are not labeled, maybe consider labeling them.
It sounds silly to try to guess meaningfully descriptive
adjectives based on presumed location or appearance, to
refer to them.  Just give them simple names, like Ediff does.