Re: Windows snapshot builds

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Windows snapshot builds
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 00:10:11 +0200

Hi Phillip,

address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:

> Inspired by the upcoming release of Emacs-26 RC1, I've released some
> snapshots windows builds for Emacs-27.
>
> https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-27/

Are you making the wonderful "*-deps-*.zip" packages?  If so thank you!

I recently convinced the nice IT admin to install Emacs on my Windows work
PC on which I have zero fun rights.  So far, it has been working great in
that it makes it somewhat bearable to use a Windows PC.

If possible, I might humbly request three other dependencies be included
in the future.

  - zip.exe and unzip.exe (Info-Zip, I guess) are used when exporting ODT
    documents with Org and would be nice to include.

  - spellcheckers like hunspell and maybe aspell would be really, really
    nice to have!  It’s admittedly a very soft dependency, but at least when
    you rely on Windows IT Admins, they get a bit confused when you first
    send them to the hunspell github page, only to tell them that the binary
    version can be gotten from Eli’s Sourceforge page...

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Don't panic!!!