Re: focus-in-hook ---fires incorrectly?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: focus-in-hook ---fires incorrectly?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:37:31 -0400

On 26 March 2018 at 16:09, Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Can you try a different window-manager?  It could also depend on the
>> focus policy, I think.
>
> emacs26 on Debian here, with openbox.
>
> Using the posted recipe with emacs -Q I get a message like
>
> | hello #<frame *Messages*      address@hidden 0x1174c30>
>
> two times (!) when Emacs loses focus, and three times when I Alt-Tab
> switch back to Emacs.

I get the expected behaviour using i3 with emacs26 on Debian.
One "hello #<frame...>" message per time I bring Emacs into focus.

I do seem to get a spurious message if I unfocus Emacs, switch to
another workspace and then back again; Emacs is still unfocused, but
it prints a "hello #<frame...>" message. Possibly the workspace
switching is implemented behind the scenes by first raising every
window in the workspace?