Re: c-forward-sws: Is the code right?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: c-forward-sws: Is the code right?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:05:18 +0000

Hello, Zhang.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 01:35:55 +0000, zhang cc wrote:

>> The intention is that "\\<\\>" will never match at all, hence that
>> match-end will never be executed. "\\<" means "beginning of word" and
>> "\\>" means "end of word". Could there be something in your environment
>> whereby an end of word might be at the same position as the beginning of
>> a word? If this is the case, then I will need to come up with an actual
>> regexp which can never match anything.

> It matchs when cursor is between a Chinese char and an ASCII char like
> “你hao”( cursor before ‘h’).

I've committed a fix to master which should fix this bug.  Basically,
instead of "\\<\\>" CC Mode now uses Stefan's suggestion of "a\\`".

Unfortunately, it is too late to get this bug fix into Emacs 26.1.

If you are using any version but master, please tell me, and I will send
you a patch to fix the bug in your copy of that version.

Thanks for taking the trouble to report this bug.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).