Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:14:59 +0200 (CEST)

> Il 29 marzo 2018 alle 13.53 Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>

> > From: Daniel Colascione
> > Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 00:34:16 -0700
> >
> > I'm not sure what's left to test. It works. What's stopping a merge?
>
> I think what is left is minor.  Some things that come to mind:
>
>  [...]
>   . One other thing to try is to build on one system, then unpack the
>     binary distro on another binary-compatible system, perhaps with a
>     different directory tree structure, and see if everything works.

I build Emacs also for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) but I do the build on
GNU/Linux Mint (*) because it is a bit faster. The build creates a tar ball
which I then install on WSL (both in Win 10 Pro 64 and in Win 10 Home 64). This
build does not use X because WSL doesn't too..

Generally, the build I do on Win 10 64 (W64 native, i.e. MSYS2/MinGW64) is also
installed in Win 10 Home.

---
(*) Both Mint and WSL uses Ubuntu 16.04