scratch branches in Gnu Elpa

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: scratch branches in Gnu Elpa
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:47:20 +0200

Hello,

when I add a branch under scratch/ in Gnu Elpa, I can do there what I
want, right?  I mean, including history rewriting stuff, in particular.

What I intend to do is to provide a preview or "developer" version of
el-search that corresponds to the version on my hard disc, to enable
people to check whether a bug is fixed there and such things.

I typically test new features locally quite some time before I upload
them to Gnu Elpa.

Thanks,

Michael.