Emacs crashes when writting JavaScript

From: Jorge Javier Araya Navarro
Subject: Emacs crashes when writting JavaScript
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 00:49:24 -0600

Hello!

I'm using Emacs 27.x compiled from the master branch. I have noticed that after
several hours of
work Emacs tends to crash or complete freeze the entire OS when I work on
JavaScript code. I have
prettier-js which prettifies the source after saving the file to disk, but not
sure if this could be
related. I also have suspicions on the parser of JS code, but because I have no
idea how or where it
keeps the AST, I can't be sure if that is related to the crashes too, I come to
notice that under
some circumstances –when the JSX code is fairly large and complex– Emacs slows
down and feels heavy
sort-of-speak.

I would like to know if there is a way to monitor Emacs on a normal run and
after it crashes get
back something that can help debugging whatever the issue happens to be. This
behavior has become
recurrent during this month, IIRC.