Re: master f117b5df4d: Add new functions eol and bol

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master f117b5df4d: Add new functions eol and bol
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 01:15:48 +0300

On 19.08.2022 16:25, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
Bikeshed welcome about the names, though.  I considered `point-bol', for
instance, but that's very similar to `point-at-bol' (which is an alias
for `line-beginning-position').

The nice thing about `point-bol' is that it'd be symmetric with
`point-min':

I guess the main problem is one cannot tell, from the names only, that these functions are different (not aliases), and that the difference is related to "fields".

Adding an optional argument to existing functions is not an option, I take it?

It could also be a dynamic var which alters behavior. At some point we could flip its default value.