Re: Make all tree-sitter modes optional

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Make all tree-sitter modes optional
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 03:23:57 +0200

On 18/01/2023 03:11, Yuan Fu wrote:
The userbase I'm familiar with has been messing with auto-mode-alist for
decades. To make it easier, people have been adding the necessary lines to
documentation: either to the repository's README, or to package's Commentary.
So the user could take it from there.

Similarly, we can add such line to the Commentary of every ts mode, or even to
the major mode docstrings
IF we do that, it’d be better to instruct users to use major-mode-remap-alist,
since it’s easier to understand and use IMO.

Sure. This way we also avoid duplicating the file name regexp.