Re: Org mode update breaking build?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Org mode update breaking build?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 08:48:01 +0300

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Tobias Bading <tbading@web.de>,  acm@muc.de,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 12:42:12 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > We already fixed that, but only on master.  So you don't need to
> > convince anyone that this needed fixing.  We are convinced.
>
> Is there any reason Org Mode needs to signal a compilation error in this
> case?

It no longer does, on master.

Please read the thread if you want to know the gory details, I'd
rather we didn't repeat all that.

> And if there is, why not simply make all the Org elc files depend on
> each other in deps.mk or something?

Because it's impractical (too many files, some of which may not exist
or be outdated etc.), and because it doesn't really work in this case.
I tried that as the first attempt at solving the problem.