Re: Android port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 17:47:02 +0300

> Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 15:03:18 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> CC: eggert@cs.ucla.edu, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Also, it looks like neither ENABLE_CHECKING nor GLYPH_DEBUG are being
> defined in src/config.h in the non-Android builds, although I passed
> the --enable-checking-'yes,glyphs' option to the configure script.
> This has something to do with this snippet of configure.ac:

No, it was because the Android test was incorrect.  Now fixed.

Btw, I don't think I understand the "test -n" part here:

  # There is little point in enabling checking in the build machine if
  # cross-compiling for Android.
  AS_IF([test "$with_android" = no || test -n "$XCONFIGURE"],[
    if test x$ac_enable_checking != x ; then
      AC_DEFINE([ENABLE_CHECKING], [1],
    [Define to 1 if expensive run-time data type and consistency checks are
enabled.])
    fi

It sounds like "test -n" there contradicts the comment: AFAIK non-zero
length of $XCONFIGURE means we _are_ cross-compiling, and the comment
says we don't want ENABLE_CHECKING in that case.

Or maybe I don't understand the comment?