Re: Proposal for 'package-isolate' command

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Proposal for 'package-isolate' command
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 19:15:28 +0000

> An issue I see here, is that a required version might not be satisfied
> by the version of the package returned by `package-get-descriptor'.  Or
> am I mistaken?

So I guess we need a function that get the dependencies from installed
packages and one from all to fit with what we previously had.
If one wants to have all the dependencies for a given package not
already installed, there is actually nothing available.
Also `package-menu--list-to-prompt` is now wrong when used as prompt for
package-install.

> "Not easy" in the sense that you are not familiar with how it works, or
> thin k it shouldn't be used?  All in all, `named-let' just compiles down
> to a cl-labels call, similar to the one you propose.

Not familiar.

--
Thierry