Re: A note about clang-format

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: A note about clang-format
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:07:32 +0100

On Tue, Aug 22, 2023, 19:59 Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> wrote:
João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> But it can be ignored via 'eglot-ignored-server-capabilities', which see.

Actually, I found that auto-formatting quite nice when I switched from
lsp-mode to eglot today, so I didn't want to suppress this.  But the
DEFUNs in Emacs' C code are something from another world.  I don't know
if any formatter can cope with them.

Might be good to start using this in the Emacs sources, too, if that's
ok.  The existence of a .clang-format makes me think some users might
appreciate it.

I think we (meaning you) should lobby Eli for compile_commands.json generation first :)

M-x eglot in Emacs sources still doesn't work oob and there's little reason for that (well, apart from some understandable llvm aversion, but there are other servers...).