Re: Add more supported primitives in libgccjit IR

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Add more supported primitives in libgccjit IR
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 19:52:57 +0200

Ihor Radchenko wrote:

>> The only thing we don't have is money so we could hire
>> Andrea Corallo to work full time on really getting even
>> more speed out of all of these potential areas, where the
>> ground work and basic infrastructure is already there, just
>> not all the wonderful things one could build on top
>> of them?
>
> It is ultimately a question to Andrea, but I can say that
> Emacs users are willing to provide some compensation - we,
> in Org mode, and at least Magit are getting
> a non-insignificant amount of donations after we asked for
> them. That's probably not enough to work full time, but
> certainly can justify some time spend working on Emacs.

Sounds good!

So let's ask for it on behalf of Andrea then.

And yes, if it is money it has to be "a non-insignificant
amount" as you say, since otherwise it cannot change the daily
routine and situation, really, but the person will still feel
obliged to contribute more.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal