Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 09:04:26 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 21:25:06 +0200
> Cc: João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com>,
>       Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev>,
> rms@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Danny Freeman <danny@dfreeman.email> writes:
>
> > You will also see a later
> > message where I said once clojure-ts-mode is in a more "done" state I
> > will revisit the question of inclusion here with other clojure-mode
> > devs. Until then I will continue to develop clojure-ts-mode in the
> > clojure-emacs github organization with the intention of integrating it
> > with the rest of the clojure-emacs tooling.
>
> Thanks again for being willing to revisit this decision.  Emacs 30 is
> still at least a year away, so I think late spring or early summer
> 2024 could be a good time to do it.

If this will be a package that's not bundled with Emacs, its
development and release schedule doesn't have to be synchronized with
Emacs, unless the package needs some features not currently available
in Emacs 29 or earlier.  But if there's intent to perhaps include this
package with Emacs, then for that to happen in Emacs 30.1, the
decision should be earlier, perhaps within the next 4-5 months.
Because, though the _release_ of Emacs 30 is probably a year or so
away, we might decide to cut the emacs-30 release branch before the
end of 2023, and any additional new features after that would be
harder to get into the release branch.