Re: Transient manual

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Transient manual
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 17:12:49 +0000

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>>> Speaking of af9c063ed, that commit adds another regression and has
>>> to be reverted.
>>
>> Maybe you mean some other commit?
>> af9c063ed is just changing a docstring.
>
> Yes.  It's e32bd5f7c78c9d92cefd9a78771f9729946fdf73.
>
> Instead of restoring the save-match-data, you could change the order
> of the bindings.

Oh. That's from the recent series of refactorings on main...
That's my oversight - I misread the code to be `pcase', not
`pcase-let*'.

> When I wrote that function, I decided that I would rather use
> save-match-data, even though that could be avoided.  That way the two
> bindings which set and then refine CMD based on the first submatch are
> next to each other, and only after that has been taken care off, do we
> move on to set ARGS based on the second submatch.  But if you think it
> is more important to avoid a save-match-data, or think the mistake you
> made is likely to be repeated, I am fine with switching up the order.

It is not super-important. I am just aiming to drop `save-match-data'
where it is not necessary. But I am mostly focusing on
performance-critical code, where is actually matters, reviewing all the
uses along the way.

Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=dbf415b84

--