Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 18:47:47 +0300

> Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 17:09:03 +0200
> From: "Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev>
> Cc: "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net>,
>  "Richard Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>, "Danny Freeman" <danny@dfreeman.email>,
>  "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>, "Emacs Devel" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>,
>  "Manuel Uberti" <manuel.uberti@inventati.org>
>
> We're all on the same side supposedly (building a better Emacs and a stronger
> Emacs community),
> yet such discussions feel very hostile to me. And the Emacs maintainers claim
> that I'm being hostile
> to them. I can't see how the Emacs community will gain something useful out
> of such unpleasant
> exchanges.

The exchange (any exchange) has two sides, you know.

> For me the net result so far is that I'd be less willing to engage in work
> with Emacs's
> upstream, just because I don't like the tone of the conversations here and
> the implied accusations
> that only the Emacs team knows what's best for the Emacs users.

No one said that only the Emacs teams knows what's best for the
_Emacs_users_.  What I said was something different: that it's the
prerogative and responsibility of the Emacs maintainers to decide
what's best for the Emacs _core_project_, exactly as it's your
prerogative and responsibility to decide what's best for the packages
you develop and maintain.

The fairness and the mutual respect should be on both sides, not just
on one of them.