Re: [ELPA] New package: breadcrumb.el

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: breadcrumb.el
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 17:58:31 +0200

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I'd like to add my package "breadcrumb" to GNU ELPA.
> [...]
> Here's a link to the project (which has a screenshot)
> https://github.com/joaotavora/breadcrumb

Another package by that name already exists, but it wasn't touched in
13 years: https://github.com/pheaver/breadcrumb.

If you weren't aware of this and would like to avoid taking over an
existing name in the future (or be aware that you are doing that, and
possibly reach out to the author of the older implementation), you could
consult my list at https://emacsmirror.net/stats/upstreams.html, which
lists all packages in the Emacsmirror and Emacsattic, which is a
superset of packages in GNU ELPA, NonGNU ELPA and MELPA (modulo recent
additions).

Unrelated, but since I looked at your package: Please use just two
semicolons inside library commentaries (and in other "non-heading"
comments) .  Otherwise all the lines that match "^;;;+ ." are treated
as headings by outline-minor-mode.  (You can of course continue to use
";;;; subheading".)

     Cheers,
     Jonas