Re: Foreground color opacity

From: Filippo Argiolas
Subject: Re: Foreground color opacity
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 07:24:45 +0200

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 6:55 AM Filippo Argiolas
<filippo.argiolas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My point is that this technique _will_ break features, and I don't
> > think it's reasonable to expect each one of them to be fixed
> > individually.
>
> Sure and that's a pretty valid point. Thank you for the insight!
> I could experiment a bit more with overlays. Maybe setting an overlay
> for each node instead of directly changing the face property.

FYI, found another potential source of breakage in cc-mode.el
`c-before-change' that looks at the face properties instead of redoing
syntax analysis. Nothing too impactful according to the comments
there, but you're right about font-lock faces being sometimes used to
infer node types.