Re: How to debug emacs repaint problems?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: How to debug emacs repaint problems?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 15:31:27 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> joakim@verona.se writes:
>
>> The problem seems to persist, even after evaling this statement.
>>
>> Is there something else I must do?
>
> No, then it's not because of double buffering.  That is, unless your
> Emacs 29 is built with PGTK, which if true implies it is incapable of
> operating with double buffering disabled.

No, this is not a pgtk build. I can try a pgtk build to see if theres
any difference though.

> I suggest you investigate your VNC software, for redisplay optimizations
> are functional under Emacs 29.

I can try this in another vnc setup, at the moment I dont know another
vnc implementation that gives the same granular control that turbovnc
does. I will see what I can find out.

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se