Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 17:51:43 +0200

> From: Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  Michael Heerdegen
>  <michael_heerdegen@web.de>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:53:31 +0100
>
> I find it a mistake to make it something like a preferred interface.

You, and everyone else, are entitled to their opinions, but we made
this decision intentionally, and it wasn't made lightly.  Before we
declare it a mistake, I'd expect us to wait a bit, until some
unequivocal data to support the opinions is available.

It isn't like we as a project never made any mistakes, but there's no
reason to assume this decision is one of them until we have ample
evidence.