Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 21:11:18 -0800

   From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
   Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:07:47 -0500

     >    But that will not cure the larger problem caused by too much usage of
     >    those functions.  They were meant to be used in a few obsure corners,
     >    not used so often that maintainers need to know about them.

     > I know Emacs has many obscure corners.  But I didn't think that any were
     > beyond the reach of the maintainers.  ;-}

   I have the impression that that is meant as a clever riposte to the
   words you qupted, but I don't understand the point.  The words you qupted
   are not clever wit.  They are meant to be serious and straightforward.

It seemed odd to me that anything could be beyond what the maintainers
would need to know and deal with.  But I guess that ignores the matter
of threshold.  So I withdraw my off-the-mark jibe.

                                        -- Bob