RE: [External] : Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to u

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 05:05:44 +0000

> I looked at the manual for the iter construct ("iterate").  The added
> parentheses make it fit better into Lisp.
>
> However, I have to ask how the complexity of the usage of iter.
> Does iter offer a corresponding construct for each cl-loop construct?
>
> Are the iter constructs in 1-1 correspondence with cl-loop constructs?
> If so, replacing c-loop with iter might not reduce the complexity that
> either one adds to Emacs Lisp.

I don't know the answer.  I last read the manual
and paper over 30 years ago.  I don't think there's
any attempt to correspond to CL `loop', 1:1 or
otherwise.

But someone else, who has the time and wants to
read it over now, can maybe answer your question
authoritatively.  Preferably someone who is very
familiar with `loop' and interested in the pursuit.

You might also try contacting the author about it
or asking in some general Lisp forum.